Kaikorai Primary School has had many changes over the years.
The following information highlights some of the ways that our school has changed and developed over the years.
- Old Linden School opened in 1869. Linden was the original name for the area where Kaikorai School is located. Wright Street was originally Linden Street and is now the main entrance to the Kaikorai School. The old main entrance was from Tyne Street.
- New Kaikorai School opened in 1884.
- Kaikorai School stone buildings were demolished in 1969.
- The arches over Tyne St entrance were removed in 1981.
- The War Memorial Plaques were relocated to Wright Street entrance to go with new memorial in 2003
A more detailed history can be found here.